MBB Display Widgets - with Search Filters - let you present any properties on any web page or blog post.
For example, you might want to show a block of Recently Listed homes in a local City, or show all Fix-Ups between $100K and $200k with more than 3 bedrooms, and so on.
To add listings to your website, follow these steps::
- Login to your LAC Account and create a display widget.
- The display widget will generate the code that you need, including any specific filters for property types.
- Copy the code that is generated, and paste it on your webpage.
Watch this short movie that shows you how its done - or print this page for reference!
[button type="danger" size="lg" url="/knowledge-base/display-specific-properties-with-widgets-and-filters/" text="VIDEO: Display Properties on Your Website" icon="film" iconcolor="white" target="_blank"]
To Add Listings on Your Website
1. Check that the MBB Plugin is loading on your page.
If you have a WordPress website that is already displaying properties from the Buying Buddy system then you do not have to do anything more.
2. Decide where you want your listings to appear.
Identify an area on the webpage or your Blog post where you're going to show the properties. Make sure you have enough space, if for example, you are using a gallery or map display.
If you intend to simply show the listings at the end of a block of text or at the end of the page, then this not something to be concerned about.
3. Use the Display Widget tool.
Login to your LeadsAndContacts account and
Follow the sequence of steps in the display wizard:
- Choose how you want listings to be displayed, then click the green Next Step button at the bottom of the page. Your display options are:
* List - properties are in a list with a thumbnail image on the left
* Gallery - properties appear in a grid format with images above the details
* Map - properties are displayed as points on a map
- Set your options, then click the green Next Step button at the bottom of the page. Your options include:
* Type of listings - All listings in the MLS, your office/your listings in the MLS, or your private listings (not in the MLS)
* Number of listings to show - more than this and the user will get a link to show more
* Sort order - by date, price, or city
- Set your search criteria. This creates your "filter" on the results. For example, show only condos, or show properties priced between $200,000-$300,000.
Note: Once you've set your search criteria, check that you're creating what you want by clicking the Preview Listings button at the bottom of the page.
-- If everything looks right, click the back button, then click Next Step.
-- If you need to adjust your criteria, click the back button, change your search paramters and repeat your Preview Listings.
- Step 4 of the wizard shows your code. Pick the correct option for your website (either HTML or WordPress), and use your mouse to select the whole piece of code. Then copy it to your clipboard.
4. Paste the code on your webpage.
Now go to your webpage or blog post and put your mouse where you want the listings to be and PASTE the code.
Save your Blog post or webpage and then view it to see properties!
Remember the Filter is defining the search criteria, so every time the page is viewed, the latest most relevant properties will be shown.
If you want to learn more about creating Filters or Using Display Widgets, see the Knowledgebase.